Our Changes Following COVID-19
As a close-contact service, we have been advised by the government to put in some stringent measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. As such, your treatments with us may look a little different for a while, and we appreciate your understanding whilst we navigate these strange new waters together. We hope that the measures we are taking to minimise the risk of COVID-19 reassure you that we are taking our role as health practitioners seriously, for the safety of all who walk through our doors.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- To limit our 'face-to-face' time, we now require all appointments to be paid for in advance, and this can be done either online or over the phone. If you have a gift certificate, or have paid for a package, you will need to have the code to hand when when making your appointment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help locating your code.
- Although our costs have gone up significantly due to COVID-19 (due to equipment and PPE, as well as the additional cleaning time we are leaving in between clients) we know that this is a difficult time for everyone and therefore have decided not to pass this on to our clients. However, if you are in a position to do so and would like to support us over this period, a donation towards our PPE expenses would be greatly appreciated. You can donate by clicking here.
- We have added a number of COVID-19 related questions to our online health history forms, and request that you fill this out before your next visit, even if you've been to see us before. The link to the form can be found in all of our confirmation emails, or you can click here to fill this out now.
- A few hours before your appointment, we will email you with a short COVID-19 health screening form. This will only take a second and simply asks you to confirm that you are not experiencing any symptoms prior to your visit.
- If you do experience any symptoms of contagious illness, you can now reschedule your appointment without penalty up to four hours in advance. Changes or cancellations with less than four hours notice will incur a 100% cancellation charge.
- If you or someone in your household is classed as being clinically vulnerable, we advise you to wait a bit longer before booking an appointment with us. We will unfortunately not be able to see any clients classed as extremely clinically vulnerable at this time. Please see the NHS coronavirus page for more information on these categories.
- Our waiting room (and tea/coffee making facilities, sadly!) is out of use until further notice - please ensure you arrive no sooner than 5 minutes before your appointment, or you may have to wait outside. You can still request a glass of water if you need one.
DURING YOUR VISIT
- Please attend your appointment alone, as we are currently unable to accommodate additional visitors in the clinic.
- Please leave your belongings (coats, bags etc) in your car if possible. There will be a lidded plastic box in the treatment room for your clothes and other belongings, this will be sanitised between each appointment.
- Upon entering the clinic, please wear a mask and spray your hands using the touch-free hand sanitiser provided. You do not have to wear your mask when you're face-down on the massage table, but we kindly request that you wear it for the portion of the treatment where you're face-up. If you think you might find this uncomfortable, we can lightly cover your nose and mouth with a clean pillow case as an alternative.
- We may ask to check your temperature on arrival, using a contactless, infrared thermometer. Our therapists will likewise be recording their temperature at the start and end of their working day.
- Throughout your session, your therapist will be wearing a mask and visor - the mask will be changed and the visor disinfected between every client.
- Although we would love to be able to chat with you during your session, we are currently being advised to keep conversation to a minimum. This reduces the likelihood of respiratory droplets being transmitted through the air, and will reduce the need for our therapists to adjust their mask (and therefore touch their face) during your treatment. If you require an in-depth consultation, please let us know and your therapist can give you a call before your treatment. Aftercare advice can be provided by email upon request.
- Please ask if you'd like a blanket during your session - these will no longer automatically be provided but are still available if you would like one.
- The government has requested that close-contact services keep their treatment times 'as short as possible' until further notice. We will therefore not be offering our 90 and 120 minute appointments for the time being, but will be monitoring this advice closely, and offering our longer sessions as soon as we get the green light to do so.
HOW WE ARE KEEPING YOU SAFE
- We have purchased three HEPA air filters for the clinic, which will be running continuously. They are meant for rooms of up to 140 SQM (so will be more than up to the job in our treatment rooms!) and filter 99.7% of airborne particles down to 0.3 micron.
- Our therapists will be adhering to a rigorous, 30 minute cleaning and disinfecting schedule in between every client (twice as much time as before!), ensuring that every touch point is thoroughly wiped down before your visit.
- Our therapists have all done both externally accredited and in-house training in COVID-19 hygiene and disinfection, as well as on-going training in the pathologies that can result after infection, and the treatment adaptions which may consequently be needed.
- If any of our therapists or their household show symptoms of COVID-19, they are required to immediately self-isolate and apply for a COVID-19 test.
- We have revised the furnishings and massage equipment in our treatment rooms, and have removed everything which can't be easily disinfected. We have consequently purchased new wipe-clean chairs, bins, pillow cases, shelving units, and even new wipe-clean rugs for under our massage tables! We already disinfect our massage tables and use clean sheets for every client (washed at 60 degrees).
- We are fortunate to be a small clinic with only two therapy rooms, so the risk of bumping into other people is rare. However, we have staggered our therapists shift times to minimise the chances of two clients finishing a treatment at the same time.
- We have purchased automatic sanitiser dispensers which are located at convenient points around the clinic. We are using Beauty Kitchen's organic, eco-friendly sanitiser - which smells amazing and is kind to the planet as well as your hands!
- We're looking forward to the day when things can return to 'normal', and we can once again greet you with an un-masked smile and a handshake. Until that day however, the health or you and your loved ones remains our top priority. Although some of these changes may feel strange, our therapists are just as professional, skilled and friendly as ever under their PPE, and we're thrilled to get back to doing what we love - which is reducing muscular aches and pains, soothing away stress, and making you feel amazing.
LAST UPDATED: 27th July 2020