Fancy joining the team?
Are you a qualified Sports Massage therapist looking to develop your skills in a friendly, supportive environment? Do you have a passion for learning and becoming an expert in your field? Are you a great communicator with the ability to make people feel relaxed and at ease? If so then we'd love to hear from you!
The Soma Room is one of London’s most popular massage therapy clinics, providing Sports, Deep Tissue, Relaxation and Pregnancy Massage. With a 3500-strong client base and an increasing demand for more availability, we're currently looking for passionate and professional self-employed massage therapists to work alongside us at our Ealing Broadway clinic.
You must be highly qualified in Sports Massage, but also be able to provide other treatments such as Deep Tissue, Relaxation or Pregnancy Massage. You will be exceptionally motivated, friendly, welcoming and professional, and be excited to challenge yourself and become a respected expert in massage therapy for our local Ealing community.
At The Soma Room, we believe that massage therapy can be both comfortable and relaxing as well as clinically effective, and we focus on the small details which can turn a massage session from good to great. You should likewise have excellent attention to detail and be exceptionally client-centred, ensuring every treatment is tailored to your client's preferences and comfort as well as their clinical goals.
You should be both a people person and a team player, and be happy to attend our team socials and training days, as well as be willing to both share your knowledge and learn from other therapists. Our culture is one of continual learning and growth, and you should be comfortable with giving and receiving regular feedback.
Days and hours are flexible but may include some weekend days as well as some evenings. You should be willing to contribute blog posts, photos and videos to promote yourself to our client base.
Please note – since you may occasionally be working with children, you will be asked to obtain a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) status update at your own expense prior to the start of your employment.
The ideal candidate will...
- Be highly qualified in Sports Massage.
- Hold current professional and public liability insurance.
- Hold a pregnancy massage certification or be willing to obtain one either before or during employment.
- Have a minimum of one years’ massage experience.
- Be eligible to work in the UK.
- Have an excellent standard of spoken and written English.
- Be willing to do relaxation-based treatments as well as Sports and Deep Tissue Massage.
- Be self-driven and eager to learn and develop your professional skills.
- Be warm, friendly, welcoming and client-focussed.
- Keep between 50 and 60 per cent of the cost of each treatment, plus bonuses for positive reviews and repeat clients.
- No need to bring any sheets, towels or oils with you – everything is provided.
- Support and training opportunities to enhance your existing skills.
- A library of over 100 massage-related DVD’s and books for you to use and borrow.
- Regular team socials and training days.
- Well-appointed massage rooms with everything you need to provide great treatments, including a top-of-the-range electric massage table.
- Benefit from a large pool of existing clientele.
- Regular shifts and flexible working hours.
- Receive 50% off treatments with any other Soma Room therapist.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV, along with a short covering letter describing why you'd be a great addition to The Soma Room team.